FlexDex is Hiring Bright(on) Mechanical Engineers!
R&D (Mechanical Design) Engineer Position Openings
FlexDex Surgical, a medical device startup based in the Ann Arbor (MI) area, is working to transform
minimally invasive surgery world-wide. FlexDex’s line of surgical instruments are based on an elegant
mechanical design that offers finesse, dexterity, and instinctive control so far seen only in multi-million
dollar robotic solutions. The company’s mission is to globally democratize minimally invasive surgical
procedures that are currently too complicated or too expensive.
Several video demonstrations are posted on the company’s website: www.flexdex.com/videos.
- MedGadget has described FlexDex as “Revolutionary” and short-listed it for its coveted Best Medical Technologies of 2016.
- MedTech Strategist has showcased FlexDex on their cover-page describing the technology as “Achieving the Dexterity of a Robot in a Mechanical Device”.
- FlexDex Surgical is a University of Michigan start-up and has been featured on the Mechanical Engineering 2016 Annual Report cover and the Office of Tech Transfer 2016 Impact Report.
- Wonderful Engineering claims that FlexDex has “Redefined the Essence of Robotic Surgery“.
- SeekingAlpha calls FlexDex “… a new device is expected to turn robotic surgical devices on their heads”.
To help realize its vision, FlexDex Surgical is looking for highly creative and self-motivated engineers who
are passionate about positively impacting healthcare access. A Bachelor’s degree in engineering and
strong experience in mechanical design, development, and fabrication are required. Key skills and
attributes needed for the job include:
Self-motivation, passion for technology innovation, and strong desire to make an impact
Strong mechanical engineering and design experience in linkages, transmissions, cable drives, cams, pulleys, shafts, fasteners, structures, etc.
Working knowledge and experience in Design for Manufacturability/ Assembly/ Part-count
Reduction, and Material Selection.
Experience in prototype design, fabrication, assembly, and debugging. Experience with traditional
fabrication processes as well as rapid prototyping methods is desired.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD, engineering drawings, GD&T, and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Experience in medical product design, development, and manufacturing will be a plus.
- Strong teamwork, project management, and communication skills.
FlexDex Surgical offers a fast-paced and rewarding environment for employees to contribute to the
company’s mission, grow professionally, and have fun. Please contact email@example.com with a detailed
resume and a research/design/development portfolio. The company offers a competitive salary, benefits,
and stock options. Here are some great reasons to live and work in the Ann Arbor, MI area: